Monday, July 30, 2012

Tara, Frankly my dear I don't give a ...

Sunday before breakfast and before Michael left for the day(while Jim was showering) we popped in the first episode of
 This particular story is not my favorite of the Key to Time season, but Micheal requested that we watch it, due to the fact that it's the story that Mary Tamm gets to pull double duty and play two roles.

Of course, this was sort of a moot point, as we only watched the one episode and her second role of the princess does not actually appear in the first episode.

What does appear however is this hideous outfit that she wears. Sorry, yes, this is at heart a gay blog written by two gay men, so from time to time, there will be some sort of comment on fashion.

Yes, I know it was the 70's, but that's still no excuse for a hideous costume.

When I think of Mary Tamm's role as Romana, I generally tend to think of the two stories that I remember most from my childhood. The Ribos Operation and the Stones of Blood. I don't know if its just because they were played more on my local PBS station, or if they just stuck out in my mind over the others.


In regard to the weekend spent together, we may not have watched much Who, but we did talk about it, trading quips over characters and titles that were similar to words that came up in conversation. We also chatted about the upcoming 50th year anniversary and what we might like to see happen.


We finished up by having breakfast at a local diner and reading the article about Doctor Who in this months Entertainment Weekly-Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment