Sunday, April 15, 2012

How it began...Bill's perspective

So one summer ten years ago I was at a party with two of my new friends, Mike and Jim. At that point in time we belonged to a large group of guys in and around the Albany NY area that got together on a weekly basis and had potluck dinners and summer parties. In a sense it was a very informal gay networking group. Just a large group of guys hanging out and having fun.

 For this particular party Jim had invited his friend Michael to come out and spend the weekend, Jim had gone to school with Michael in Syracuse NY and the two of them, along with Mike, had been friends for a few years.

This was my first meeting with Michael. Jim had previously told me that his friend Michael was a big Doctor Who fan...he was not kidding. At the party we were introduced to each other and hit if off pretty well, we talked about a lot of things, Doctor Who being one of them. I ended up catching a ride back with Michael to Jim and Mike's apartment and we basically spent the entire ride conversing about the show.

He seriously out-geeked me in our conversation...and so it began




No comments:

Post a Comment