Saturday, August 3, 2013

153. The Happiness Patrol

Beware the Candyman!

I though Paradise Towers last season was bad. The Happiness Patrol is ever crazier! I know this is a mockery of the Thatcher administration, but is just too saccharin sweet. The character of the Candyman is SO bizarre! I love a good robot as much as the next guy, but made out of candy is a bit much. Between the Helen A- Thatcher homage, the candly floss pink girls, and the elves in the sewers, it's a crazy mess!  

Throughout Doctor Who history, he has helped with coups and deposing evil dictators. But I don't think  it's ever been so unrealistic. I do applaud the producers for trying something different and that is free of  continuity. But in this anniversary season, you'd think they would make every story extra special. Following the phenomenal Remembrance of the Daleks, and positioned before Silver Nemesis, this story really shines as very bad.

But I'm sure RTD or Moffat could do something wonderful with this premise. The Candyman will live again!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Happiness_Patrol



No comments:

Post a Comment